Monday, March 24, 2014

Shaving Cream Eggs

Well, long time no see, huh?  The past few days have been a whirlwind.  My DH's aunt passed away early last week and we had the visitation and funeral this weekend.  I have had little time to think about stamping, but I do want to show you another project I did for this week's challenge at The Technique Twist.  We are all about the shaving cream background technique this time around and I decided it was the perfect look for Easter Eggs.  Check them out:

Easter treat holder made using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch and featuring the Shaving Cream background technique.

Aren't those eggs fabulous??  I love the marbled effect achieved with the Shaving Cream technique!  I created the look following the steps I outlined HERE and then stamped the egg from the Backyard Basics stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed in white.  I then die cut the eggs using the coordinating Backyard Basics Framelits.  Perfect Easter Eggs! 


I added a little strip of Pistachio Pudding grass that I fringed with my paper snips (my Fringe Scissors are on their way!) and nestled the eggs amongst it.


The little tag is stamped with the Eggstra Spectacular stamp set and then die cut using the Window Frames and Bitty Banners Framelits.  I tied the treat holder closed with a piece of Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain ribbon.  A quick and easy treat holder sure to make anyone smile.  I think I may just do one for each of the teachers at my son's school just to let them know how much they are appreciated!

I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog of late.  Sometimes life just gets in the way of the things we want to do.  Between flooded stamp spaces and dying relatives there hasn't been a whole lot of time for fun!  Hopefully this week will be much less eventful and I can get back to putting rubber to ink.  In the meantime, have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's aunt passing and your flood. You've had a time of it lately. I always say "when things get back to normal" but it seems all that life stuff is normal. Love your Easter eggs and the cute container.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...