Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bubble Background Birthday

This month my techniques group is learning how to do the Bubble Background technique.  I showcased it a while back as one of the challenges over at The Technique Twist, but never got to show it to my monthly group.  I decided it was time!  Here is the card we'll be making at tonight's class:

Birthday card featuring the Bubble Background technique with the Petal Parade and Sassy Salutations stamp sets.
Can you tell I'm ready for spring??  Two days ago it was a beautifully mild, sunny day...warm enough for shirt sleeves.  Yesterday we received 20 cm of snow and today it's a high of -10 C!!  I am SO sick of winter, so I decided to make this card as spring-like as possible. 



My colour scheme is Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake.  I went a little hog-wild with the embellishments on this one, but I love the texture the layers of ribbon add and the sparkle from the little rhinestones.  Check out my how-to HERE for creating the bubble backgound.  It's a fun technique that can be a wee bit addictive!! 

Inside view with sentiment from Bring on the Cake and images from Petal Parade and Banner Blast Sale-a-bration stamp sets.

 I hope my class participants like this one...I know I would love to receive a card like this in the mail on this cold and snowy day!!  I sure hope the weather is nicer wherever you are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...