Thursday, March 6, 2014

Frosted Sympathy

I recently found myself in need of a sympathy card for someone from our church.  This is what I came up with:

Sympathy card featuring Natural Compositions DSP and sentiment from the Simply Sketched hostess set.
Can you believe the only stamping on this card is the sentiment?  I used some of the gorgeous Natural Compositions specialty paper, which has all of those beautiful floral images already clear embossed on it.  I just sponged it all over with Whisper White craft ink to make the images pop and give it all a frosted look...so appropriate, given the current temperatures around here!  To get the halo around the focal point I left the framelit in place after die cutting the circle to act as a mask.


I added a bit of Delicate Details Lace Tape and then the sentiment from Simply Sketched which I stamped in Baked Brown Sugar and punched with the Large Oval punch.  I layered it on a scalloped oval which I punched from some scrap Baked Brown Sugar card stock.  I highlighted the sentiment with tiny pearls and added a vellum butterfly I die cut using the Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit.
Sympathy cards are often hard to make, given their purpose, but are so appreciated when they are given to someone mourning the loss of a loved one.  I hope this one gives a little comfort to the person who receives it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...