Wednesday, March 5, 2014

His and hers baby cards

Several aquaintances and customers of mine are expecting babies in the next little while, so I figured I had better stock up on some baby cards.  I decided to try another type of card I've seen popping up all over Pinterest lately that uses the Scalloped Tag Topper punch to create a unique closure.  Have a look:

His & Hers Baby cards featuring the Label Love stamp set.
I decided to make both a girl and a boy card so I would be prepared for either.  I kept the same basic design for both but used Blushing Bride for the girl card and Pool Party for the boy one.  Crumb Cake and Whisper White made for versatile neutrals for both.  Here is a closer look at the girl card:

For the card base I started with a 4-1/4" x 9-7/8" piece of Crumb Cake card stock, which I scored at 5-1/2".  I marked the centre on each short side and then inserted each end into the scalloped tag topper punch over top of the guides for inserting a tag.  (This took some wiggling and care, but it will slide in there!)  I punched both ends and then trimmed the excess card stock with my paper trimmer.  I scored the resulting tab on the longer half of the card (this is the back side) and then folded along the score line.  I also folded the original score line to fold the card in half.  The result is a front that is smaller than the back, to allow the scalloped tabs to overlap.


To decorate the card I used some DSP from the Fresh Prints stack and added half a Tea Lace doily...love those for baby projects! I punched a heart from Blushing Bride card stock, using the Full Heart punch, and then embossed it using the Perfect Polka Dots TIEF.  I punched a little glimmer heart using the Small Heart punch.  The label is stamped in Crumb Cake and then punched using the Artisan Label punch.  I then layered a 7/8" scalloped heart punched from Silver Glimmer paper over top.  I stamped the label again in Blushing Bride, punched out the text using the 3/4" circle punch and adhered it to the centre of the label using a dimensional.  I added a little Vintage Faceted Button with a bit of white Baker's Twine and a tiny little flower punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes pack.  I tied it shut using a bit of Blushing Bride Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.

Inside view with sentiment from Cuddles and Kisses and images from Banner Blast sets.
On the inside I embossed the right edge of the Whisper White layer using the Delicate Designs TIEF and then stamped the sentiment from Cuddles and Kisses in Crumb Cake.  I added a couple of little hearts from the Banner Blast set stamped in Blushing Bride ink.

Here is the boy version:


The only variation here is the use of Pool Party instead of Blushing Bride and stars instead of the small heart and flower.




The finished size of both of these cards is 4-1/4" x 4-5/8".  Cute and still appropriately-sized to mail...gotta love it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm behind in commenting so this is a quick catch up. These are cute as can be with the polka dots. Your pop up is darling and I love the faux frame you made for your flower card. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to start?? Love the colours you chose, the papers...okay....everything! Adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome and sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...