Monday, March 3, 2014

Paper-pieced Birthday

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was good...lots of stamping time for me...yippee!  I have lots of new projects to show you this week, starting with this one that I made using the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  Check out this week's sketch:



...and here is my take on it:

Birthday card for FMS125 featuring the Another Great Year Stamp set and Sweet Sorbet DSP.
Now, I didn't do anything dramatic with this sketch.  In fact, when I first saw it this card immediately came to mind!  That doesn't happen very often...usually there is a whole lot of trial and error involved.  To get the coloured banners, I paper-pieced them by stamping the image a second time on some Sweet Sorbet DSP, fussy cutting them and then adhering them to the stamped image.


I did the same thing with the icing on the little cupcake, as well as the banner on the inside of the card.


I also stamped the sentiment from the Another Great Year set  and coloured the candles using my Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, Summer Starfruit and Crisp Cantaloupe markers.
There really is nothing like a sketch to get your creative juices flowing!  I really needed a little kick-start and this was the perfect way to get it!  Give it a go...you'll be amazed at what you'll come up with.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! I CASED it and I just love it! I used the same DSP as the inside piece. Really made it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...