Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mojo Monday meets Friday Mash-up!

Today I have a card I designed for two challenges:  Mojo Monday and Friday Mash-Up.  I used one of my favourite new products from the Spring Catalogue to do it:  the Secret Garden bundle.  Here are the challenges:







And here is my card:


Mother's Day card for MO|JO281 and FM97

Close up of flowers
I love this stamp set and coordinating framelits!  It is so easy to stamp and cut flowers...no fussy-cutting required!  To colour the images I used a technique I saw on a card by fellow demonstrator Karen Barber that I'm calling Crafty Watercolouring (don't know what it's actually called, but I kinda like it!).  We are going to be learning it at my techniques class tonight...I think my attendees are going to love it! Here's a quick how-to:  emboss flower images in white on Crumb Cake card stock.  Fill in images using an Aquapainter and Whisper White craft ink.  Once ink has dried, colour over top using markers and blend with an Aquapainter.  So easy and so dramatic!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Leena, another great creation! Those flowers are amazing! Thanks for playing again along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Lena, love the vibrant colours and the effect of this technique. Absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Lena, love the vibrant colours and the effect of this technique. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! This is a fantastic way to color them! I bought this bundle, but have not used them yet....you know I will be trying this out when I do!
    Congrats on the Mash Up recognition!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...