Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fall in the air?

Harvest-themed thank you card featuring the Truly Grateful stamp set (131733) and Sweater Weather DSP (132184)

I hate to admit it, but the past couple of evenings have been decidedly cool around here.  If it weren't only the beginning of August I'd think Fall was definitely in the air!  The cooler temperatures (and the arrival of my Holiday Catalogue order!) have me thinking ahead to my favourite season of the year.  This card is the first I attempted with my Sweater Weather DSP  and Truly Grateful stamp set.  I love how easy that image is to colour...I literally swiped my blender pen over it a few times and it was done! 
Z-fold card open




Here are some quick tips to recreate this one:
  • I used Naturals Ivory card stock (101849) to stamp on.  Not only does the texture in it work well with the design, but it also stands up to watercolouring with a blender pen really well!
  • I coloured the wheat with Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand and Pumpkin Pie ink
  • I used the Deco Labels Framelits (130102) to die cut the focal image
  • To get the Z-fold, score a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Chocloate Chip card stock at 5-1/2" and 2-3/4"
  • That burlap ribbon (132140) is fantastic!!  To get a rustic look fray the ends by pulling at them
  • Don't forget the inside of your card...I stamped the wheat sheaf in Sahara Sand on the inner panel.
  • If you don't want your inner panel to be visible from the front of the card be sure it is the same size or smaller than your focal panel.  I did 3-3/4".
I really love this stamp set...expect to see much more of it in the coming weeks!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, it is so gorgeous Leena!! I can't wait to order my wishlist items from the new holiday mini catalog, but I am still working on a few necessities from the main catalog first!! I just ordered the 10 embossing folders that I wanted!! Yaaayy!! Some new ones, some older ones and a couple not so old ones. I did order the two new embossing folders from the holiday catalog with my BUNCO winnings!! Yahoo, I won for having the most losses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Ten embossing folders all at once! I don't think I'd know where to start! Congrats on getting some of the items on your wish list. Mine seems to be unending...as soon as I get things on it, a new catalogue comes out and I start all over again! Have fun with your new toys!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...