Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lovely as a Thankful Tree

Holiday card featuring the Truly Grateful (131733) and  Lovely as a Tree (127793) stamp set.

Yesterday I showed you a Harvest-themed card using the new Truly Grateful stamp set.  Today I want to show you just how versatile that set can be!  Here I used the chevron background image behind the iconic fir tree from Lovely as a Tree to create a Christmas card.

Sentiment is from the Pennant Parade (122742) stamp set and is punched with the Little Labels punch pack (126881).  Star is punched with the Merry Minis punch pack...still available on the Carryover List!

I love that background image.  It is going to be in my collection for quite some time!  Here are some tips for recreating this one:
  • I used Naturals Ivory card stock to stamp on and for my card base...it adds a lovely rustic texture.
  • The chevron background is stamped in Crumb Cake ink.
  • The tree is heat embossed in pewter.
  • The panel behind the focal image is Soft Sky card stock embossed with the new Pretty Print TIEF(132175)
  • The focal image is matted on Crumb Cake card stock.
  • The little sentiment label and glimmer paper star are adhered to the knot of the bow with glue dots.
  • I used Soft Sky Seam Binding Ribbon (131210) to add softness and shine.
This is certainly one that will be joining my Holiday class line-up this fall!

3 comments:

  1. OH, Leena, You are just awesome! What a great card! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Carol! I'm so glad you liked this one...it's one of my fav's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so gorgeous!! Leena, you rock girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...