Monday, August 5, 2013

Playing with the Pop 'N' Cuts

Sometimes it takes me a while to get to using new products.  Althought the Pop'n'cuts dies have been around for a while I only recently cracked one open to try it out.  Here is the result of my first attempt...

Holiday card featuring the Festive Flurry stamp set with card base made using the Pop'n'cuts die.
The inside view...I used the Deco Label insert.  Sentiment is from Greetings of the Season (128033), which is on the carryover list from last year's Holiday catty and still available to order.
Pop up detail...I like the depth this die allows!
Inside sentiment from Many Merry Messages (retired)
So...whaddya think?  Not bad for a first attempt, if I don't say so myself!  Honestly, this die is so easy to use the learning curve is almost nil.  Here are some tips for recreating this card:
  • For the front of the card I embossed a panel of Pool Party card stock using the Northern Flurry TIEF, sponged with Whisper White craft ink and then with Illuminate ink to give it some shimmer.  
  • On the inside I used a bit of the Quatrefancy Specialty window sheets to cut the label.  I wanted it to be subtle so as not to distract from the snow storm happening around it...haha.  
  • The snowflakes are stamped on Whisper White using Pool Party ink and then die cut using the Festive Flurry Framelits (try saying that one ten times fast!).  I adhered them all at different depths using glue dots and dimensionals.  
  • The Greetings of the Season is heat embossed in pewter and die cut using the Chalk Talk Framelits.  I couldn't resist using one of the those gorgeous Designer Brads leftover from last spring's Occasions Catalogue. 
  • The inside sentiment is from the long retired Many Merry Messages set and is stamped in Basic Gray. 
This card is plenty thick...not one you'd want to send through the mail, but certainly one that would be much appreciated by the recipient!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Not bad at all for a first attempt.... wish I was that lucky! Just the the 'punch' that card packs when opened... well done Leena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome Leena! Love the pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. I have all the SU Pop n' cuts items. Hope you don't mind but I would love to cas this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terese, CASE away! After all, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? Thanks for the kind comments!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...