Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grateful Team Swap

I held my monthly team meeting this week and we held our first-ever team swap!  Some of my gals were envious of all the fabulous swaps I received at convention and decided they wanted in on the swapping fun too!  I decided to focus on new Holiday catalogue products because I knew many of my gals wouldn't have them yet.

Thank you card featuring the Truly Grateful stamp set (131733) and Sweater Weather DSP (132184)
Don't you just love Soft Sky?  It is the prettiest, softest blue ever and paired with Chocolate Chip and Crushed Curry it is just perfection.  I based my design on the sketch from a couple of weeks ago at Mojo Monday.  It worked perfectly because it allowed me to feature some of that gorgeous Sweater Weather DSP!  Here are a few more tips:
  • I embossed the Soft Sky background with the Woodgrain TIEF, placing the card stock horizontally so the pattern went across the middle of the panel.  I also used the multi-purpose platform on no tabs so that I got a softer, more subtle impression.
  • The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Naturals White card stock.  I also stamped the wheat sheaf image in Crushed Curry that I stamped off once first.  I die cut the oval using the Ovals Collection Framelits.
  • The label behind the sentiment is die cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelits.
  • The bulky bit of twine is actually from the Build-a-Banner Simply Created Kit!  I had a bit left over from another project, so I pulled it apart (the twine actually has three strands twisted together) and used one strand to tie my bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...