Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Sketch Inspiration

Happy Monday!  I hope that where ever you are your weekend was as beautiful as ours was here!  Simply gorgeous! 
To start your week off I have another project I created using this month's inspiration sketch.


Fall-themed card featuring the Magnificent Maple stamp (131868) and Sweater Weather DSP (134184), both from the Holiday catalogue
In case you've forgotten, here is this month's sketch:


For some reason, this sketch has really inspired my creativity!  I have so many ideas for how to use it and so little time to make them happen!  Here are some tips for you, in case you want to recreate this card:
  • I heat embossed the Magnificent Maple image in pewter and then die cut it with the Deco Labels Framelits
  • I sponged the background over the embossed image using, in this order, the following inks:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler.
  • The faux wood panel behind the stamped image is from the Natural Composition specialty paper pack.  I sponged it with Early Espresso ink to bring out the wood grain.
  • I used torn strips of Sweater Weather DSP, sponged with Early Espresso ink, behind the focal image
  • The background panel in Crushed Curry is embossed using the Houndstooth TIEF
Give this sketch a try...it really is super versatile and such fun to play with.  When you do, be sure to leave a comment with a link to your project...I'd love to see what you come up with!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...