Friday, August 2, 2013

One more Sketch Inspiration project

I have one more project inspired by last month's sketch.  Here is the sketch...




I took some significant liberties with this one...

Birthday shaker card featuring the Birthday Basics DSP.
As you can see, the only element I really kept was the three panels.  I created an envelope using a window sheet, Birthday Basics DSP and the Envelope Liner Framelits from the new Holiday Catalogue.  I punched heart and star confetti, layered it between the DSP and window sheet and then held it all together with some Epic Day This and That Washi Tape.  The Bermuda Bay background is embossed using the Alphabet Press TIEF which I sanded and sponged lightly.  The card base is Naturals Vanilla card stock.
Although this project bears little resemblance to the sketch, it goes to show how one sketch can be a jumping-off point for your own creativity.  If you haven't tried working from a sketch before I encourage you to give it a try...you'll amaze yourself with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...