Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Non-Traditional Christmas Card

Earlier this week I showed you a very traditional Christmas card.  Today I have one that uses non-traditional colours...

Non-traditional Christmas card featuring the Endless Wishes stamp set.
This one is super-quick and easy if you have to mass-produce a lot of cards.  I used a colour scheme of Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, silver and white.  The result is a crisp, clean and simple design that is a little bit unexpected.  The large snowflake, from the Endless Wishes stamp set,  is stamped in Pistachio Pudding ink and the small one is in Crisp Cantaloupe.  The medium snowflake and the sentiment are both heat embossed in silver.


I added a Vintage Faceted button in the centre of the largest snowflake and a thick baker's twine bow in Crisp Cantaloupe.  Since every Christmas card requires a bit of sparkle, I added a few silver Frosted Sequins.  I matted the front panel with brushed silver card stock and mounted it all on a card base in Pistachio Pudding.


On the inside I stamped the snowflakes again several times and added the sentiment from the Christmas Bliss photopolymer stamp set.  A couple more sequins and that's it!  Quick, easy and a break from the traditional red-and-green Christmas card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...