Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Merry & Bright

Today I have another project from my weekend card and tag buffet to show you.  It is a simple, homespun-looking Christmas card...

Simple Christmas card featuring the Nordic Noel DSP and Christmas Bliss photopolymer stamp set.
I have to admit that one of my favourite products from the Holiday catalogue is the tree punch and coordinating stamp set.  This particular card doesn't use the stamp set, but I used the punch to create a negative image for my DSP to peek through.  After I had punched the tree I embossed the panel with the Argyle TIEF...one of my favourites for creating a warm and cozy look.  I used a bit of Real Red 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon (retired) and added the little banner which I die cut using the Banners framelits. 


The sentiment stamp is from the Christmas Bliss photopolymer set, which is not in any catalogue, so it is easy to miss.  It is a great set that offers lots of different sentiments and images for various Holiday projects.  I layered the embossed card stock on a piece of Nordic Noel DSP, which is matted on Real Red card stock.  I used Garden Green for the card base.

Inside view with image from the Cheerful Tags stamp set and sentiment from Christmas Messages (retired)
On the inside I stamped the tree border from the Cheerful Tags set along the bottom edge using Garden Green ink.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Messages set (retired) and is stamped in Real Red ink.

Be sure to check out this week's round of Weekly Deals...on sale till Monday at midnight :)

Calypso Coral  3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Calypso Coral 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $12.50 
Sale: $9.38
Jumbo Sticky Rounds
Jumbo Sticky Rounds
Price: $6.95 
Sale:  $5.21
Little Buddy Birthday Wood Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Little Buddy Birthday Wood-Mount Stamp Set
Price: $26.95  
Sale: $20.21
Lovely Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by Stampin' Up!
Lovely Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Price: $9.95
Sale: $7.46 
Settin’ Sail Photopolymer Stamp Set
Settin’ Sail Photopolymer Stamp Set
Price: $16.95  
Sale: $12.71
Soft Sky 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon
Soft Sky 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
Price: $9.50  
Sale: $7.13
Spook Central Designer Ensemble -- Digital Download
Spook Central Designer Ensemble - Digital Download
Price: $13.95  
Sale: $8.37
Zig Zag Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by Stampin' Up!
Zig Zag Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Price: $9.95  
Sale: $7.46

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...