Sunday, October 5, 2014

Flurries of Joy

Happy Belated-World Cardmaking Day!  I was so busy with papercrafting events yesterday I had no time to post, but I sure do have LOTS to share with you!
First of all, I have a new project for you that I designed for our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  Here is the sketch:




...and here is my project:

Holiday card featuring the Festive Flurry (retired) stamp set and Wonderful Wreath Framelits.
For this one I pulled out my beloved Festive Flurry stamp set and framelits.  These were, by far, my favourite products from last year's Holiday Catalogue and I couldn't resist using them for this challenge.  I stamped various-sized snowflakes in Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Wild Wasabi ink and die cut them using the coordinating framelits.  I also die cut a couple of snowflakes from Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to layer between the stamped flakes for added sparkle. 

The sentiment is die cut from silver glimmer paper using the Wonderous Wreath framelits.  The DSP in the background is from the Nordic Noel pack and the embossed panel was done using the (retired) Snowburst TIEF.  I added some silver stretchy cord I had in my stash and some rhinestones for added bling.

Inside view with sentiment from Christmas Messages (retired)
On the inside I stamped the snowflakes again and added the sentiment, which I stamped on a die cut Whisper White snowflake.
I love this week's sketch...so many possibilities!  You may just see another inspiration card or two from me on this one!  Why not play along with us and link up over at Sunday Stamps?  We'd love to see you creation!

Now for more on what kept me so busy the past couple of days.  Friday and Saturday was Stampin' Up Canada's Fall Conference.  It was held in Kitchener, which is only 20 minutes away from me, so I was plenty excited to attend.  The event was great fun, as members of my team and I got to do cute make-n-takes. play fun games and enjoy chatting with other demonstrators.  Oh, and did I mention we won FREE product??  I came home with over $150 in free stuff with another $20 to come!  I love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!!  Here is a shot of me with the FIVE sets of Blendabilities I won playing Let's Make a Deal!

I was just a wee bit excited...I NEVER win anything!  Sure is a nice feeling!
My fabulous day ended with a private class for some high school friends who get together every year for a girls' reunion weekend.  They rented a beautiful cottage and invited me to come and do a mini-stamp-a-stack of Christmas cards with them.  It was the perfect way to celebrate World Cardmaking Day!  Here they are, hard at work:


Everyone had a great time and I got to introduce three of them to the wonderful world of card making!  Have I mentioned how much I love what I do??

Now don't forget that the World Cardmaking Sale ends tomorrow at midnight.  Don't miss the chance to stock up on card stock, ink, envelopes and more at the sale prices!  Click HERE to shop now!

2 comments:

  1. Leena I love your Festvie Flurry card. This is one of my favourites also.
    We are having our SU conference in Montreal in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty array of snowy sparkle and glitter! I love the layers and of course the glitter on your card. You did a great job with the sketch!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...