Monday, October 20, 2014

Piney Wishes

Happy Monday...hope you had a great weekend!  I ran a private card and tag buffet for a client and her friends and family yesterday afternoon.  They got lots of stamping done and I have lots of new designs to show you!  Today I have a traditional Christmas card featuring the Ornamental Pine stamp set:

Christmas card featuring the Ornamental Pine stamp set.
It doesn't get much more traditional than the iconic pine boughs and pinecones for the Holildays.  I focused on a red and green colour scheme, using Mossy Meadow ink to stamp my pine branches on the Sahara Sand card front and Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla card stock for the sentiment.  To die-cut the label I used the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.  The pinecones are heat embossed in Early Espresso, which gives them a bit of shine.  I adore the 1" Sheer Linen ribbon in the Holiday Catalogue...it is so pretty and easy to work with.  To create the "bow that isn't a bow" I simply gathered a small piece of ribbon between the prongs of a Basics Glimmer Brad (still available DIRT CHEAP on the Clearance Rack!), poked a hole in the card front and inserted the prongs, opening them on the back side to secure it.  Voila...a bow that requires no tying!  My guests were thrilled!



I used Mossy Meadow card stock to mat the card front and then mounted it on a Cherry Cobbler card base.
For the inside I stamped the pine branch again in Mossy Meadow and the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.

This was one of the most popular designs with the group yesterday.  I guess we all like a little tradition in our Holiday season!

Now today is also the day the new Holiday Supplement goes live!  This addendum to the Holiday Catalogue has some fabulous new products, including a new Project Life card kit and accessory pack to make documenting your family's Holiday memories a breeze.  Check out the online version of the supplement here or email me to request your free complimentary hard copy.

Click the image to view in pdf format.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card, and yes, very traditional!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card wish mine turned out as beautiful
    Carol F

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...