Friday, October 31, 2014

Wintery Card

Happy Halloween!  I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but here they are calling for snow flurries for trick-or-treat time!  I'll be bundling my little monster up for sure...I wonder if we can work snow pants and gloves into the costume??
To reflect today's weather I have a frosty, wintery project for you...

Christmas card featuring the Tags 4 You stamp set (retired) and Northern Flurry TIEF.
This is a really quick and easy card I designed for a recent card buffet.  I embossed both the front and inside panels with the Northern Flurry TIEF.  I added some Whisper White Organza ribbon and some silver metallic ribbon over which I layered the label from the Tags 4 You (retired) stamp set.  I heat embossed the image in silver, punched it with the Bracket label punch and then layered it on a 1-3/4" circle punched from silver glimmer paper.  I layered the whole thing on a Smoky Slate card base and then added a few rhinestones to the centre of the embossed snowflakes, and a couple of Frosted Sequins around the label.

As mentioned above, I embossed the inside panel as well, catching less of the pattern to allow space to write.  The sentiment is from the More Merry Messages (retired) stamp set and is stamped in Basic Gray ink.  
I hope your Halloween is a sweet one and that you have a fabulous weekend.  Be sure to check back on Sunday for the latest sketch challenge from Sunday Stamps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...