Sunday, October 19, 2014

Patchwork Pumpkins

Happy Sunday!  I hope you are having a fantastic weekend :)
It's time for a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps...this time it is a colour challenge:




I have to admit I found this challenge tough!  I am in full-on Christmas mode, so working with such summery colours was a big shift for me.  I decided to allow the images in the photo to inspire me and go with a Fall-themed design.

Thanksgiving card featuring the Fall Fest stamp set with sentiment from Good Greetings.
 Now, you're probably thinking I didn't use the colours in the challenge, right?  Wrong!  I stuck to the colours exactly!  The pumpkins were created using the Emerging Colours technique and I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Tempting Turquoise to achieve the look.  Here's how I did it:
  • I sponged splotches of Daffodil Delight ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock, making sure to leave lots of white space for the other colours.
  • I added splotches of Pumpking Pie ink in between the Daffodil Delight, overlapping and blending where the colours touched.  I still made sure there was white space left.
  • I filled in the remaining white space with Cherry Cobbler ink, once again blending the colours where they touched.
  • I sponged the entire surface once again with Daffodil Delight ink to allow the colours to blend.
  • Once the ink had dried, I stamped the leaves from the Fall Fest set all over using Versamark ink and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.
  • Then I sponged the entire surface with Tempting Turquoise ink.  The ink blends differently with each of the other ink colours for a cool patchwork look.  The embossed leaves resist the ink and allow the original colour to show underneath.

Once I had created my patchwork of colour I die-cut the pumpkins using the Fun Fall Framelits.  I also cut some leaves from Champagne glimmer paper because, well...because I like bling!
Then it was just a matter of creating my arrangement.  I added a bit of linen thread and some Autumn Wood Elements for texture and dimension.  The sentiment is from the Good Greetings Host Promo set and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  I layered it on a bit of Burlap ribbon.  The card base is Naturals Ivory card stock and is embossed using the Delciate Designs TIEF.


I hope you'll give this colour challenge a try and join us over at Sunday Stamps.  It is great fun to challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone...and it does wonders for your creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...