Monday, October 27, 2014

Very Merry Trees

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  I spent yesterday doing one of my favourite things:  stamping with a group of ladies who were almost all brand-new to stamping.  We made three cards and had a blast!  I so love my job!
Today I have a project from my class last weekend.  It uses several new products from the Holiday catalogue:

Christmas card featuring the new Tree punch, Lucky Stars TIEF and Stars Framelits.
Not a lot of stamping on this one!  Just the sentiment, which is from the (retired) Many Merry Messages set.  I chose my colour scheme from the DSP I used:  Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  The red background circle is die-cut using the Circles Collection framelits and is embossed using the Lucky Stars TIEF.  The champagne glimmer star frame peeking out from behind the red circle was die-cut using the Stars Framelits, as was the medium star on the sentiment banner.  The cardfront is embossed as well, using the Delicate Designs TIEF.  To bring out the texture, I lightly sponged Whisper White Craft ink over it and around the edges of the card.

The trees are punched from Trim the Tree DSP stack.  I trimmed the bottoms of the two smaller ones to create different-sized trees.  The little star atop the left-most tree is punched with the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.

For the inside I punched one more tree from the Trim the Tree DSP and adhered it to a piece of Whisper White card stock that I had embossed with the same TIEF I used on the front.  The sentiment, also from the More Merry Messages set is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.
Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...