Monday, April 15, 2013

Embossed Builder Brads

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Today I have a card I designed for my monthly techniques group.  Unfortunately the weather last week was most uncooperative and I had to cancel my class due to a major ice storm!  One of the techniques we were going to learn was how to change the colour of brads using embossing powder.  Check this out:

Birthday card featuring the Circle Circus, Itty Bitties and Sweet Essentials stamp sets
Notice the brad?  It is one of the gorgeous Builder Brads from the Spring Catalogue that I recoloured using Tempting Turquoise embossing powder.  Cool, huh?  The rest of this note card is pretty simple...I wanted the brad to shine!  I do so love the Circle Circus stamp set...sure hope that one makes it into the new Annual Catalogue...I will miss it if it retires!  The colours I used here were Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade.  I embossed the backgound layer with my Argyle TIEF and added some bling with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
The only upside to having to cancel this month's techniques class is that I have next month's all planned and ready to go!!  Be sure to stop by tomorrow...I'll have another card I did using this same technique and I'll announce the winner of the free month subscription to Craft Project Central!  Don't forget to leave a comment on this or any other posed dated since April 1st, 2013.  Good luck in the draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...