Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cheers!

Any-occasion card featuring the Happy Hour stamp set


I am SO excited!  Tonight at 8:00 pm I get a sneak preview of the new 2013-14 Annual Catalogue a full four days before the general population of demonstrators do!  I was successful in earning this wonderful perk as a result of a recent incentive event offered by Stampin' Up.  I can't wait!!!  I will share some inside info with you tomorrow...as much as I am allowed to...and I'll have a good idea of which stamp sets and accessories will be retiring.  The actual retirement list comes out on Wednesday of next week and, as always, items on it are while supplies last, so it is sure to be a busy time for all of us!  The card above is one I designed a while back and I am confident that the stamp set I used will be back for another year.  Happy Hour was new in this year's catty and it is a great one!  So versatile and fun.  On this design I used some Birds of a Feather DSP, as well as some Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP I had leftover from the fall.  The satin ribbon is also left over from the Holiday catalogue, but works perfectly on this card.  I couldn't resist adding a touch of sparkle with the Silver Glimmer Paper and a few rhinestones.  The liquid in the glass is paper-pieced, much easier than trying to ink with markers!  The colour scheme is Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, Basic Black and Whisper White.
On another note, I want to remind you that time is running out to register for my Family Canvas class coming up this Friday, April 26th at 6:45 pm.  In case you missed it, here is the project we'll be creating:



Perfect for displaying treasured family photos, this project would make a lovely gift for Mother's Day, a new baby or just to keep for yourself to display in your home.  The class fee of $20 includes all materials and supplies to create one of the canvases pictured above, including the wooden easel to display it on!  Please indicate yoru colour choice when you register.  If desired, bring three photos with you to class to complete your project.  You'll need one 4"x6", one 3-1/2"x5" and one 2"x3".  Be sure to contact me to reserve your seat before the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...