Friday, April 12, 2013

Loving the new Photopolymer Stamps!


I have to admit that when Stampin' Up! first announced they were entering the world of truly clear photopolymer stamps I was a little bit skeptical.  I have used "clear" stamps from other companies before and was never really satisfied with the quality of the image I got; hence my love of Stampin' Up!'s wonderful red rubber stamps.  I decided I just had to give SU's version a try and am I ever glad I did!  These photopolymer stamps are terrific!!  No problems at all with getting a clear crisp image!  Plus the fact that I can see right through them makes placement a snap.  No Stamp-a-ma-jig required!  I was so excited about these stamps I just had to share it with my Tri-city Stampers team, so I created a Make-n-Take for our team meeting this week that uses the Typeset Alphabet set.  Have a look:

Any-occasion card featuring the Typeset Alphabet Photopolymer stamp set.
The original design concept for this card came from Penny Smiley, a fellow demonstrator who posted her sample on our demonstrator forum.  I changed up her original design by adding texture along the bottom of the card with the Honeycomb TIEF.  I also added a bit more colour with the stamped-off Island Indigo speech bubbles in the  background and the Crumb Cake card base, as well as the use of DSP instead of card stock on the horizontal strip.  The best thing about creating this card was the stamps themselves.  They work beautifully, are super-sticky when adhering to the clear blocks and are so easy to place.  I can't wait to get my hands on the latest photopolymer offering called Bombs Away Birthday:

Bombs Away Birthday Stamp Set
Item #133411


I SO love the fun images in this set!  There are a ton of great project ideas floating around in my head already.  You really need to give these new stamps a try...I think you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...